Did you know you can disinfect your sponges in the microwave? The most "bacteria rich" item in a regular house hold is the kitchen sponge because bacteria love places that are moist and dark so cleaning with that wouldn't be a good idea. You could also do this by putting them in water and boiling them up for few minutes but this process is much simpler and practical. Just soak the sponges until they are very wet n put them on a plate in the microwave. Set if for a minute or two and when u see intense steam coming out of it it's done.